Today, 29 years ago I married my husband.
I don’t know why this is such a huge milestone for me. You would think that I would be hanging on for the big 30 -but 29 is my number. Everything from here will be an added blessing.
First, I never believed I would live to be this old. Yep, I thought youth was around until the day I fell over dead. It isn’t happening.
Second, I thought we just wouldn’t last. It wasn’t that I didn’t love him enough, I wasn’t sure he loved me enough.
Third, how did anyone stay married for thirty years? Best to go for twenty-nine, right?
Okay, so before I went to sleep last night, I told my husband happy anniversary, just in case I didn’t make it to this morning. We made it! Yeah!!!!!
Is anything different to this day all those years ago? EVERYTHING! Loving someone on the day of marriage is GLORIOUS. Loving someone twenty-nine years later is WORK. My love for him is more than a physical emotion, now it is a connection far greater than those first tendrils of desire. I am committed to loving him every single day. In my commitment, I find things to love.
- I love the way he touches the small of my back, just to touch me.
- I love the way he always supports my dreams
- I love the way he loves our family
- I love the way he listens even when it is about things he isn’t interested in like Choi Min Ho.
- I love the way he lets me have most of the bed.
- I love the way he surprises me by taking a day off, just because I need him.
- I love the way he calls, just to say, “I love you.”
- I love the way he is learning Korean, so he can say “I love you -saranghae” back.”
- I love the way he is -finally – pulling over and letting me drive cause he is too tired.
- I love the way he kisses me.
I could go on and on all day -and he deserves it -cause he loves me back. That is a hard, HARD thing to do.
Happy Anniversary babe. You are still the man that my heart beats most for -you’re only true competition is all of our boys. Okay, and maybe Min Ho.