- Thank the person who honored you for this award
- Give a link back to your nominating blog
- Display the award on your post and write about it
- Give a brief history on your blog itself
- Offer a piece of advice to new and upcoming bloggers
- Select 10 other bloggers you wish to nominate
Thank you My Crazy Life (It’s Good To Be Crazy Sometimes) for nominating me for
THE BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD
A brief history of my blog
I began my blog in August of 2015, on wordpress. I first started my blog a year before that on blogger or blogspot (I really can’t remember) -but blogger closed my blog because I copied content from one of my blogs to the other -wooo vandalism, plagiarism -woooooe is me. I had to start over.
Was I upset? Yes, I was mad!!!!
But, I am thrilled it happened, because I finally had the guts to move to wordpress -where I’ve met all of you beautiful people, like My Crazy Life. Thank you for having me -all of my blogging friends.
Advice for newbies
This is a tuff one because the best advice has been said over and over -CONTECT. What can I add new to that? I don’t know.
Hmmm…READ. Yes, read. By actually reading what other bloggers are posting you begin to learn what content is interesting to your readers. Last thing you want is for people to visit your blog -and only press “like” before moving on.
Writing is everything in the blogging world -so if you’re not reading, how can you be writing? There isn’t an author out there I know of, that doesn’t read nearly as much as they write. By reading, you are perfecting your own writing.
It isn’t just about reading what they write, but studying how they write it.
- You’ll find mistake -that teach you what to watch for
- You’ll discover what content gets the most “likes” and “comments”
- You’ll learn new words that will become an established part of your vocabulary
- You’ll find tons of help from people like An Opinionated Man; Dream Big Dream Often; All The Above; Mostly Blogging; Annette’s Place and The Bee Writes.
- You’ll fill up on glorious poetry from Unbolt; Richard Ankers; Erika Kind; Lori Carlson; Daryl Madden; and Jennifer Calvert.
- You will find wonderful story tellers like Kari Trumbo; Mitch Teemley; Barsetshire Diaries and Andy Smart.
- There are several sites that provide you writing prompts to help you with writer’s block. Linda G. Hill, The Bee Writes; Dream Big Dream Often; A Cooking Pot and Twisted Tales; The Simple Woman’s Daybook.
- Finally, you will read blogs that make you laugh -releasing all your tension. Ah Dad; A Momma’s Life; Giggles and Tales; Hugh’s Views and News; Kids Crumbs and Crackers.
With all this wealth of information -why wouldn’t you want to read?
My choices for the award.
- The Page Turner https://vickgoodwin.wordpress.com/
- The Little Mermaid https://nofacilities.com/
- No Facilities https://nofacilities.com/
- Michelle Eastman Books https://michelleeastmanbooks.wordpress.com/
- Life Is All About Pain https://jyoteeblog.wordpress.com/
- Maggie’s Blog https://maggiesblog0019.wordpress.com/
- Life By Chance https://elizabethcollie.wordpress.com/
- Grandpa’s Way https://grandpasway.wordpress.com/
- In Through A Colored Lens https://inthroughacolouredlens.wordpress.com/
- Croatia, The War and The Future https://inavukic.com/