Should I lie with eloquence -and tell you, I already knew this word? No, you say. You don’t believe me? Sadly, you are not mistaken.
I thought it would be fun to find some words -most of us, will not recognize.
- bardolatry -a humorous excessive admiration for Shakespeare. I’m not sure I could find a use for this word.
- bibliopole -This is a career for me -a person who buys and sells books -especially, rare books. Oooh, creepy. It reminds me of that devil movie, starring Johnny Depp. The Nineth Gate was about a book that showed you how to summon the devil. This is not a movie I would recommend -just too creepy.
- bobsy-die -this is a great deal of fuss or trouble. Cute -I think I might find a use for this one.
- borborygmus -now this is a word we can all relate to. Do you ever wonder what to call the gurgling noises in your intestines? You got it -borborygmus.
- blatherskite -this would be me -right now. A person who talks to much without making a great deal of sense. I am a blatherskite!
- bruxism -this is you -grinding your teeth. Actually is an involuntary or habitual movement, of grinding your teeth.
- deedy -industrious or effective. My husband is a deedy worker.
- dwaal -this is so close to my twitter name -I had to bring it to the front. A dreamy, dazed or absentminded state. I can be found dwaal, as I sit in my office -or during a long, tedious meeting. This word is actually S. African.
- lycanthropy -here is a word that every fantasy writer can use -if you write about werewolves. Lycanthropy is the supernatural transfer of a human into a wolf.
- merrythought – sounds like something ‘merry.’ It is actually a bird’s wishbone. At thanksgiving, my girls will fight over the merrythought.
- orrery -I pulled this out because I am going to use it in a book. This is the clockwork model of the solar system, or the sun, earth and moon.
- soul catcher -this is the medicine man who captures your soul, while you are sick, and keeps it safe for you.
- vidiot -This would be me! One who habitually watches television or videos is a vidiot.
- zoolatry -I do not have this problem -despite my love for animals. As much as I love them -I do not worship them.
- zorro -I know what your thinking -everyone knows this one. Your wrong. This is not about the heroic Latin fighter -although I wonder if the person who first envisioned this character came up with his name from the South American fox, it originated as.
I got all these words from Oxford Dictionaries.